New Zealand-based Heilala Vanilla, grows, manufactures and distributes of a premium and award-winning vanilla products. Heilala Vanilla is the only vanilla in the world that is direct from plantation to pantry with no traders or outside distributors. They also adhere to Fair Trade practices and are recognized by the local Agriculture Ministry in Tonga as a true example of a Pacific partnership in practice. That makes them a winner in my book.
We asked Heilala Vanilla for a Mojito recipe for National Mojito day. They told us that “what makes this Mojito special is the delicious Vanilla flavor. The Mojito has risen in the ranks to become of the most popular cocktails and is even better with Vanilla. The intoxicating aroma and taste of Heilala Vanilla makes this cocktail come alive with flavor.”
The Mojito has risen in the ranks to become of the most popular cocktails and is even better with Vanilla! Hurry up and make one today!
- 60 ml Light Rum
- 3 Tsp Heilala Vanilla Sugar
- 6-8 Mint Leaves
- Soda Water
- 1 Lime, halved
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Place the Vanilla Sugar, the Mint leaves, and a little Soda Water into a highball glass.
- Muddle well to dissolve the Vanilla Sugar and to release the Mint flavor.
- Squeeze the juice from both halves of the Lime into the glass.
- Drop one half of the Lime into the glass.
- Add the Rum.
- Stir well.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Top the glass up with Soda Water.
- Garnish with the Mint sprig.