The Royal brings an extra-ordinary dining and viewing experience to Manhattan’s Union Square with their contemporary approach to traditional sports bar elements, high-quality menu, and late night lounge.
Executive Consulting Chef Daniel Parilla created a menu with a modern take on traditional American dishes. They are perfect for sharing while watching a game! Chef Parilla is currently working as Sous Chef at Minetta Tavern, but also cooked at 5 Ninth and consulted for the successful Filipino food concept, Jeepney.
When asked about his love for cooking, Chef Parilla responded with, “I found my passion for cooking as a teenager working in rural Louisiana. My life became consumed with following my desire to cook rather than driven by salary or society. My will to become successful as an artist led me on the path of Culinary School. I attended a Culinary School in Philadelphia where I fine tuned my skills of combining ethnic twists with basic American Fare. Since then I began to hone in on my abilities as a chef at restaurants such as 5 Ninth and Minetta Tavern. I had been trained by the best at Bouley and Café Boulud. I bring my passion, drive, and years of experience to The Royal. I have the ability to use the simplest of ingredients to create sophisticated plates that please the palate.”
Chef Parilla told us that, “wings are the standard when it comes to what to eat on NFL Sunday. To me football is synonymous with Fall. The Grilled version of wings at The Royal offers a more sophisticated and healthier version of what everyone already wants.”
- 3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Celery Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 a bunch of Thyme finely chopped
- 1/2 a bunch of Rosemary….finely chopped
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh Oregano…finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of fresh Lemon Juice.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rinse the chicken wings in cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine vegetable oil, celery salt, ground red pepper, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Then toss the wings in, but make sure the chicken is coated evenly.
- Pop the wings in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 16 minutes. The chicken is 90% cooked at this point.
- The wings are then tossed with herbs and lemon Juice.
- Toss the wings into the mixture, then throw in the grill and mark both sides for 3 minutes.
- Before serving, season the wings with salt and pepper to taste.
The Royal is located at 127 4th Avenue New York, NY 10003[mappress mapid="39"]
Hours of Operation
Thursday and Friday 4:00PM-4:00AM