Mulled Cider is a holiday classic. No home should be without a batch of this on Christmas morning. Heck, even if you don’t celebrate Christmas, this is something you should incorporate into your December schedule. It’s comforting and delicious.
2 cinnamon sticks
12 cloves (whole)
2 tsp allspice
1 gallon apple cider
1 cup light brown sugar
1 lemon sliced thinly (I use a mandolin)
1. Tie the cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice in your cheesecloth.
2. Pour the cider in a large, heavy enamel kettle.
3. Add the bag of spices and the sugar to the cider.
4. Simmer (uncovered) for about 15 minutes.
5. Remove the spices.
6. Serve in individual mugs and garnish with lemon slices.