The McRib® is one of the most coveted sandwiches at McDonald’s. It only makes special appearances from time to time and is a huge source of PR for the Golden Arches. If you’ve never had a Mc Rib, maybe you need a brief intro. It is a boneless “pork” sandwich, shaped to look like a rack of ribs. It was created in 1979 when there were not enough chickens to fill the demand for Chicken McNuggets. Richard Mandigo, a professor from the University of Nebraska was the one to create this “restructured meat product”.
What is “restructured meat product”, you ask? It is said to be a mix of tripe, heart, and scalded stomach. They are blended with salt and water, this removes the proteins from the muscle and allows it to be shaped into any form…like ribs.
There are 70 ingredients in a true McRib. But you have no time to work with all that…and you certainly can’t wait until this monstrosity comes back around. So, without further ado…here’s your “homemade” McRib Recipe
- 1 JTM “Grillin’ Ribs” pork patty (you can pick them up at WalMart
- 1 6 inch long sandwich bun
- 2 tablespoons Bullseye BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped white onion
- 3 sour dill pickle sliced
- Preheat your griddle to 400°.
- Cook the pork according to package instructions.
- Toast the bun
- Add the bbq sauce on the top half of the bun.
- Add dill pickle slices on top of the BBQ sauce.
- Put the “rib” on top and add onions.
- Wrap in a 12”x 16” sheet of waxed paper
- Let it settle for 5 minutes
- Microwave on high 15 seconds, wrapped.