Summer Means Sangria. At least to me it does. So I went to the ultimate source. Andrea Correale is the President and Founder of Elegant Affairs Caterers. This means she is in charge of events for the most discerning (and affluent) palates including the likes of Mariah Carey, Russell Simmons, Jimmy Fallon, P. Diddy and the Donald. So, what do you say, make her gorgeous End of Summer Sangria, sit back, relax and make believe you’re sunning in Southampton.
2 bottles dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc is good)
1 cup triple sec
1/2 cup berry-flavored vodka
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup simple syrup (see tips below)
1 cup blueberries
1 1/2 cups hulled and sliced strawberries
1 cup raspberries
1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks (use star shaped cookie cutter to cut out patriotic star shapes)
To Make the Simple Syrup:
1. To make 1/2 cup simple syrup, boil 1/2 cup water and add 1/2 cup granulated white sugar.
2. Turn heat to simmer and stir until dissolved.
3. Turn off the heat and let cool.
4. Combine all ingredients in a large punch bowl or pitcher and stir well.
5. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
6. Serve well-chilled with a good scoop of fruit floating in each drink, or serve over ice.