For this week’s grilling adventure, I put together another great easy grilling recipe idea — Grilled Chicken Quesadilla with Avocado and Red Onion. For this adventure, I really wanted to spice up the basic grilled chicken, so I figured that in addition to putting barbecue sauce on the chicken, I decided that to put the chicken into a quesadilla.
Adding the red onions and avocados to the mix complemented the grilled chicken’s flavors and also brightened up the quesadilla. I also used my Weber Kettle charcoal grill to get some a nice charcoal smokiness that added another level of flavor to all the other great ingredients that were used.
Grilled Chicken Quesadilla with Avocado and Red Onions
2 Boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
1/4 cup of diced red onion
1 cup of grated mexican blend cheese
2 corn tortillas
1. Set up your charcoal grill for direct cooking. Place the chicken breasts onto the grill grates with your favorite barbecue sauce brushed on.
2. Grill chicken until internal temperature hits 165 degrees. In the meantime dice the red onion and slice the avocado.
3. Remove chicken and slice chicken into strips and rest for about 5 mins
4. Construct your quesadilla, by placing the chicken strips, diced red onions, avocado and grated cheese on a corn tortillas.
5. Place the quesadilla on the grill grates until cheese is melted.
6. Remove when cheese is melted.
7. Slice and enjoy!