We all love candied bacon right? Who doesn’t? We all love to drink and have a good time right? Well if you answered these two questions with a YES then this recipe is for you and your friends to try out during the next night out or even to make at home! Just remember to tell the bartender that if they don’t know where to find the recipe that they can find it on Grilling with Rich!
Candied Bacon Martini
2oz maple syrup (preferably grade “B”)
4 thin slices tart apple (Granny Smith)
2 slices candied bacon
4oz Applejack brandy
6oz premium vodka
1/4 cup light brown sugar
8 Slices smoked bacon
*Note: The candied bacon recipe is adapted from “The Gift of Southern Cooking: Recipes and Revelations From Two Great American Cooks” by Edna Lewis and Scott Peacock.
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, shiny side up.
2. Dredge the bacon on both sides in the brown sugar and arrange the slices so they do not touch on the sheet.
3. Bake until the bacon is richly caramelized, 15 to 25 minutes.
4. Use a pair of tongs to transfer the bacon strips to a cooling rack and allow the excess fat to drain. Serve warm as candy or cool until hardened for the martinis.
Candied bacon martinis
1. Chill 4 martini glasses. In a large cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, brandy, amaretto and maple syrup with ice.
2. Shake until combined and chilled. Strain the cocktail into the 4 chilled glasses and garnish each with an apple slice and half a slice of candied bacon. Serve immediately. Enjoy!