Hope Cohen is the go-to person when you have a question about food. She is a trained chef, restaurant consultant, media personality and can tell you just about everything about food and wine. She has filmed over 400 cooking shows and has appeared on NBC and CBS, and in publications like Philadelphia Style Magazine, Main Line Today and Philadelphia Daily News. She lives in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania and told us that her two favorite people to cook for are her son Julien and daughter Ella. Hope is also a member of Slow Food International and International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP).
We asked Hope to share a recipe with us that was not just perfect for summer, but also healthy and easy to make. She told us that her grilled Greek island style chicken breast recipe “is another fantastic Summer recipe as it can be prepared on the grill, and keep the kitchen cool in the heat of the Summer, and it is extremely healthy yet flavorful. Grilled boneless chicken breasts served warm with a cool, Greek style chopped salad on top is the perfect summer dish for a breezy, al fresco dinner”
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded 3/4” thin
For the marinade
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tblespoons chopped mint
- Salt & pepper
For the garnish
- 1 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 red ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup cucumber, peeled, seeded & chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons sweet vidalia type onion, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons small capers in brine, drained
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ cup greek feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoons each, flat leaf parsley and mint chopped for garnish
- Marinate chicken breasts for one hour in marinade.
- Prepare garnish by combining all ingredients and set aside at room temperature until ready to serve. Garnish may be made up to 6 hours ahead, but do not add feta cheese until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Grill chicken for 2-3 minutes per side, remove chicken from the grill and place on serving platter, spooning garnish directly over chicken.
- Serve immediately, or at room temperature as part of a buffet.