We all know that caviar is the ultimate in luxury food. Some people would say that being able to eat caviar is a sign of being one of the society’s elite, and that you are a person of good taste. Suffice it to say that this belief, despite its flaws, still pervades our consciousness up to this day.
So, if you’re looking for some good reason to say that caviar really is luxury food, you should take a look at the short list I’ve compiled about the top caviar brands around the world. You might want to do a double take once you’ve seen them all.
1. Taste Specialty Foods Beluga Caviar, Farmed, USA, 8-Ounce Tin (Price: $853.65) – this may be farmed, but that doesn’t change the fact that its creamy taste will surely make it the ideal substitute for the original (currently banned by the United States).
2. Iranian Sevruga 000 Caviar – 35.20 oz. / 1000 gr. (Price: $8,630.00) – this caviar may carry a hefty price tag, but you can be sure that this is the real thing. You might be carried away by the flavor and texture of this Iranian caviar. It is one of the most elegant caviar and a good choice indeed.
3. Classic Grey Sevruga Caviar – 17.60 oz. / 500 gr. (Price: $3,812.00) – another caviar that has a hefty price tag, but that doesn’t really matter, right? If we’re talking about the quality of classic caviar, then this brand will certainly be on top of the list because of its smooth and buttery flavor.
4. Russian Prime Osetra Caviar – 17.60 oz. / 500 gr. (Price: $3,020.00) – This golden-brown caviar is known for its larger grains with crisp, subtle nutty flavor and textures. If you are looking for something different to add color to your appetizers, this one may just be the right thing for you.
5. Bemka.com Iranian Imperial Wild Caviar, 16-Ounce Tin (Price: $3,027.33) – This is a good example of what you call Imperial caviar, which is also considered as a connoisseur’s caviar. Its nutty flavor, big size grains, firm texture and golden color is highly prized by the Imperial Persian King.
6. Marky’s Fresh Farmed Kaluga Caviar, Malossol, Huso Dauricus – 16 oz (Price: $2,880.00) – the large-grained, dark gray and glossy caviar is known for its extremely mild, buttery flavor, and unique full-flavored after-taste. It would be something to look forward to in eating.
7. Russian Classic Osetra Caviar – 14.00 oz. / 400 gr. (Price: $2,019.00) – this is a classic osetra caviar that is sure full of elegance. This is the ideal caviar for connoisseurs and caviar lovers alike. It’s truly and elegant dish that will be savored by many who will be able to get their hands on it.
8. Hackleback Caviar – 17.60 oz. / 500 gr. (Price: $446.00) – another caviar brand that is fished from the wild. This American caviar is known for its black color and golden sheen, plus its distinctive smooth, buttery flavor with an aromatic, savory, intense nutty taste. It’s truly a caviar to look forward to.
9. Imperial Golden Osetra Caviar – 35.2oz – 2.2 lbs – 1 Kg(Price: $10,400.00) – this is another brand that you might want to take some interest in. Full, nutty flavored, medium sized grains, black color with golden undertones, this caviar is something you can expect only from the best Osetra sturgeon. It’s truly a taste that shouldn’t be ignored.
10. Fresh Imported Sevruga Caviar :: Imperial Sevruga Caviar (Price: $8,320.00) – this French caviar would probably be the best caviar around. Sevruga caviar is not to be trifled with. A favorite of the elite in French circles, this caviar will certainly be one of the top in luxury caviar.