There are only three days left until we close up voting for 2011′s Best Food Blogger. The nominees were your choice. Now it is time to make your voice heard. Things have changed up a bit from our last update. Some bloggers have appeared out of nowhere and some were displaced by just a few votes. This is the time to show your favorite food blogger some love. Here are the standings as of today:
10. Certified Foodies: Sure many say that foodies are certifiable; but these foodies are “Certified”. Mhel and Ken are true foodies and talk about everything from the latest potato chip to the newest KFC sandwich to the hottest restaurant in town.
9. The Food Pornographer: I need to schedule a talk with TFP to get some tips on food photography. Her shots are always immaculate and incredibly tempting, but her food adventures are what keeps her readers coming back for more.
8. Almost Vegan: Chef Amber Shea does not preach or sermonize about veganism. She takes a very balanced and gentle approach to help those who want to make this lifestyle change. I am sure this is one of the reasons she made it to our top 10.
7. The Actor’s Diet: One of our favorite things about the Actor’s Diet (outside of the great reviews and tasty recipes; is the candor with which this blog is written. Take a few to check it out. I think you will enjoy it.
6. Tropical Foodies: If you like things hot and spicy and exciting, Tropical foodies brings a dose of heat to our kitchen: yucca bread, Cuban avocado shrimp and many other recipes offer an escape from the daily grind for us hungry foodies.
5. Steaks and Sprouts: And sometimes muffins and tuna and watermelon make this a must read for any food lover. Monica and Caitlin serve up some writing which is delicious to read and some food porn that will make you salivate.
4. Zen Kimchi: Kimchi is one of the loveliest Korean dishes and as such; the perfect name for this Korean focused food blog. Zen Kimchi has opened up the eyes and palates of foodies into the world of Korean cuisine. This is good stuff.
3. Frenchie and The Yankee: David has food in his blood. He is, after all, French. Even a relocation to the US could not change that. His blog has some fun stories, great pictures and gives us an insight into his foodie travels (especially those in France).
2. Grilling with Rich: Rich was a strong contender from the start. He has a great community following and it’s easy to see why, he is down to earth and most importantly informative.
1. Bite by Michelle: Michelle came in out of nowhere to take the lead. This is not surprising. Her blog has all the components of a winner: gorgeous photography and some great recipes (check out her pickled beets). But the competition is not yet over.