For this week’s featured barbecue and grilling recipe, I wanted to highlight a recipe that I included in my recent article: Thanksgiving Bacon Recipes. Out of the all the great barbecue and grilling recipes for Thanksgiving, this seems something that I would enjoy and look forward to trying at my own house.
1 8-inch square pan full of cornbread cut into 1/2-inch cubes
8 slices white sandwich bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small yellow onion, diced small
2 stalks celery, diced medium
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon sage leaves, finely chopped fresh
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 3/4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Coarse salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spread cornbread and bread into two rimmed baking sheets, and bake until dry and golden, about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes.
4. Add onion, celery, and garlic and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Stir in sage and transfer to a large bowl.
5. Add cornbread, bread, eggs, broth, parsley, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to bowl and toss until combined. Let sit 5 minutes, then toss again.
5. Reserve 4 1/2 cups for turkey, then spoon remaining stuffing into a 9-inch square baking dish. Bake until top is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Enjoy!